When living in a small apartment or studio, it’s crucial to use every single inch of space. Each bit of wall, counter, and cabinet space is prime real estate. Keeping things organized, neat, and pleasing to the eye is super important when you only have a small amount of square footage.
Here are 20 awesome, adorable, and practical ways to organize your tiny apartment.
Who said cleaning and organizing had to be boring?
1. Use adhesive hooks to hang multiple shower caddies
2. Install floating shelves in an unused corner
If you have a corner or a nook that is too small for a piece of furniture, this awesome idea could be the perfect option for some extra storage. The 4 Men 1 Lady blog has a full tutorial on how to create some floating shelves for your studio or apartment. This is a great project to store books, knick-knacks, or a houseplant or two.
3. Hang a pegboard to save cabinet space
4. Get a roll-up drying rack that sits over your sink
5. Use hooks and wire racks to maximize cabinet space
I Heart Organizing came up with this awesomely efficient way to maximize space in a coffee cabinet. By hanging tiny hooks and placing a small metal or wire rack inside a cabinet automatically increases the storage space. One shelf can instantly become three!
6. Learn how to fold and store your shirts vertically
7. A ladder, S-hooks, and baskets are a beautiful way to organize
If you can’t hang things on your wall, a slim ladder with hanging baskets is a good way to use the vertical space in your apartment. You can build your own ladder using Clean and Scentsibles tutorial, or find one at a home decor store.
8. Save floor space with shoe pegs
9. Use a chest as a coffee table
Find an old chest at an antique or thrift store and use it as a decorative coffee table. Not only does it look amazing, but it also doubles as storage for blankets, pillows, or anything else that needs stowing away. A smaller chest could be used a bench with storage.
10. Opt for a bed with storage
11. Use hanging shoe organizers to keep household products organized
12. Use S-hooks as a makeshift towel rack
13. Install a shelf in the wasted space above your door
14. Hide a slide-out pantry near your fridge
15. If your fridge isn’t up against a wall, hang a shelf instead
16. Use a chef’s cart to create more counter space and storage
17. Free up bathroom or kitchen space with magnetic jars
18. Hang lightweight lockers
19. Use a chain to triple your closet space
20. Hide rolling bins under your sofa or bed
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Pottery Barn sells gorgeous handwoven, rattan rolling baskets that easily hide underneath a bed or a sofa. They’re perfect for storing linens or magazines, and look absolutely stunning when stored away. They also offer them in multiple shapes and sizes.